The 2008 diving season has begun, and the first event of the season begins on Sunday with the World Cup Selection Camp. The camp will take place January 20-24 in Columbus, Ohio.
USA Diving has invited 32 divers to participate at the camp that has important implications for individual and team participation at the 2008 Olympic Games. The FINA World Cup will take place February 19-23 in Beijing.
The FINA World Cup will act as the final qualifying procedure for team participation at the upcoming Olympic Games. The U.S. has secured six out of a possible 12 Olympic spots by virtue of finishes at the 2007 World Championships, but will need a strong showing in order to qualify for the remaining six.
Team USA is currently qualified with two spots in women’s three-meter, and one spot in men’s three-meter, women’s platform, men’s three-meter synchro, and men’s platform synchro.
Competition at the world cup will be conducted in four events for both men and women: 3-meter, platform, synchronized 3-meter and synchronized platform.
USA Diving will use the World Cup selection camp to choose teams to compete at 2008 Grand Prix meets in China and Russia as well.
- David Boudia (Noblesville, Ind.)
- Matt Bricker (Winter Park, Fla.)
- Chris Colwill (Brandon, Fla.)
- Troy Dumais (Ventura, Calif.)
- Thomas Finchum (Indianapolis, Ind.)
- Kristian Ipsen (Clayton, Calif.)
- Harrison Jones (Spring, Texas)
- JJ Kinzbach (Montgomery, Texas)
- Drew Livingston (The Woodlands, Texas)
- Nick McCrory (Chapel Hill, N.C.)
- Sean Moore (Englewood, Colo.)
- Mitch Richeson (Greenwood, Ind.)
- Mark Ruiz (Orlando, Fla.)
- Jevon Tarantino (Boca Raton, Fla.)
- Wes Wieser (Chesterfield, Mo.)
- Justin Wilcock (Smithfield, Utah)
- Bianca Alvarez (Miami, Fla.)
- Heather Bounds (Round Rock, Texas)
- Allison Brennan (Huntington Beach, Calif.)
- Kelci Bryant (Chatham, Ill.)
- Cassandra Cardinell (Loudonville, N.Y.)
- Mary Beth Dunnichay (Elwood, Ind.)
- Nancilea Foster (Spring, Texas)
- Haley Ishimatsu (Seal Beach, Calif.)
- Abby Johnston (Columbus, Ohio)
- Cassidy Krug (Coraopolis, Pa.)
- Jessica Livingston (The Woodlands, Texas)
- Christina Loukas (Riverwoods, Ill.)
- Amanda Miller (Centreville, Va.)
- Ariel Rittenhouse (Santa Cruz, Calif.)
- Laura Wilkinson (Spring, Texas)
- Mary Yarrison (Springfield, Va.)