The first women's diving event added to the Olympic program in 1912, platform diving is an exciting and awe inspiring event. The Chinese will be among the favorites for 2008, but the past two gold medals have been won by Laura Wilkinson (USA) and Chantelle Newberry (AUS).
Images 1-8 of 8
- Fu MingxiaFu Mingxia of China competes in Barcelona in 1992.
- Laura WilkinsonLaura Wilkinson of the USA competes in Athens in 2004.
- Takiri MiyazakiTakiri Miyazaki of Japan competes in Athens in 2004.
- Michele MitchellMichele Mitchell of the U.S. competes in Seoul in 1988.
- Sara HildebrandSara Hildebrand of the U.S. competes in Athens in 2004.
- Loudy TourkyLoudy Tourky of Australia competes in Athens in 2004.
- Haley AllenHaley Allen prepares for a dive in Atlanta in 1996.
- Chantelle NewberryChantelle Newbery competes in the 10-meter platform in Athens in 2004.
- Graphic Index
- Text Index