Who Is Vicki Draves?:
Diver Victoria Manalo Draves was a member of the 1948 U.S. Olympic Diving Team. She competed in the following events:
- Springboard Diving (Gold in 1948)
- Platform Diving (Gold in 1948)
Where Is Vicki Draves Now?:
Vicki Draves was the first woman to both individual Olympic diving events in the same Games.
Sadly, Mrs. Draves passed away in 2010 at the age of 85. She is survived by her husband and legendary coach Lyle Draves.
Accomplishments & Facts:
- 1948 Olympic Gold Medalist in 3-meter Springboard
- 1948 Olympic Gold Medalist in 10-meter Platform
- 1948 U.S. Olympic Diving Team Member
- Her maiden name was Manalo, and at one point she was forced to use her mother's maiden name (Taylor) to hide her Filipino ancestry.
- The first Asian American woman to win an Olympic gold medal in diving.
- 1946, 1947 and 1948 U.S. National "Outdoor" 10-meter Platform Champion
- 1948 U.S. National "Indoor" 1-meter Champion
- Member of the International Swimming Hall of Fame