Who Is Jenny Chandler:
Diver Jenny Chandler was a member of the 1976 and 1980 U.S. Olympic Diving Team. She competed in the following events:
- Springboard Diving (Gold in 1976)
Where Is Jenny Chandler Now:
Olympic diver Jenny Chandler won a gold medal at the Montreal Olympic Games and was a member to two Olympic teams. Unfortunately she was not able to defend her Olympic title in 1980 due the U.S. boycott of the Games.
Known for her unparalleled grace, the Alabama native was at the time the youngest winner of a national title when she won an indoor 3-meter championship in 1974.
Chandler currently lives in Alabama and works in special events and development for the Lakeshore Foundation, a non-profit corporation works with individuals with physically disabling conditions.
Back to Where Are They Now
- 1976 Olympic Gold Medalist on 3-meter Springboard
- 1980 and 1984 U.S. Olympic Diving Team Member
- Did not compete at the 1980 Olympic Games due to the U.S. boycott
- 1978 FINA World Championships Bronze Medalist on 3-meter Springboard
- 1975 Pan American Games Gold Medalist on 3-meter Springboard
- 1977 U.S. National "Outdoor" 1-meter Springboard Champion
- 1975 U.S. Nationl "Indoor" 1-meter Springboard Champion
- 1974, 1976, and 1978 U.S. Nationl "Indoor" 3-meter Springboard Champion
- Member of the International Swimming Hall of Fame