Learning to Dive – from Beginner to Advanced
From Woody Franklin, former About.com Guide
The Beginning Diver
Just started diving? Here are tips, tricks and information that every beginner should know.
- Five Tips For Beginners
- Important Lessons To Learn from the Olympics
- Water Depth and Safe Diving
- Three Safety Rules for a Diver
- Six Tips For Balance and Height During a Hurdle
- Land on Your Hands, Not Your Feet
- Grab a Flat Hand!
- Wrist Grips in Diving
Parents and the Diver
Parents have a great influence upon an athlete's career, and if you think your child has the right stuff to become a diver, learn how to get them started and enhance their experience.
- Parents Dos and Don'ts
- Before You Get Your Child Started In Diving
- Diving Programs and Time Commitment
- What are Diving Lessons?
- Costs For the Beginning Diver
- Gear & Equipment for the Beginner Diver
- Before You Buy - Understand Wrist Grips
Exercises, Skills, Techniques & Tutorials
How do great divers get that way, they practice, practice, practice. Use these tips, exercises, and tutorials on your path to success.
- Three Important Elements of a Rip
- Share Your Tips on How to Rip
- Learning to Do Better Twisting Dives
- Forward Line Up from 1M